Friday, December 16, 2011

Tranny issues solved on my 1jz Cressida


For starters the transmission issues have finally been solved ! ! and here is the rundown on how we did it.

This first picture shows where the shift lever retainer arm was binding on the shift and select lever tunnel.

Shaved down the tunnel, which helped a bit. But now I wasn't getting full throw into 1st, 3rd, and 5th

We even shaved the shift lever retainer arm for good measure. but still nothing.




Frustration slowly took over to the point where we called it a day. But luckily my homie Jerry came to the rescue once again and offered his services. Dude found and solved all the issues the night i dropped the tranny off to him.


This stupid thing was the culprit the whole time! ! I figured it was going to be an issue the moment we found the tranny issue a couple months ago.



Once in Jerry's hands he shaved the lower front portion of the retainer lever and shortened the arm


Shortened, welded, and ready to go back in.


Neutral never looked so good. The reason I'm showing this pic is because before he shortened it, I had to put the tranny in 4th to remove the shifter.

No comments:

Post a Comment